Sunday, November 26, 2006


This week the Cyclo-Cross race was going to be interesting after being laid low last week with the cold.
The Race was the T.L.I British Cyclo-Cross Championships and held at Heath Hall woods Dumfries. The course was a great mixture of technical single track, run up's, open fast bit's and plenty of mud!
The start went well with myself leading the pack into the first bit of singletrack although I got passed by a few as we ploughed into the mud I did come out third, at this point Ross was on his way in first with Steve Ward chasing and me chasing Steve in third.
Going onto the second lap I had got myself into second and got a gap although Ross had about 30secs up front I battled on to see if I could make any inroads in the gap.

All in I felt pretty good considering that I was on my back with a bad cold last week, so I am chuffed that the fitness/form is still there meaning I should finish the season strongly.
Next week is the double header on the Isle of Mull at Glengorm Castle held over Sat and Sun
(www.crossatthecastle.co.uk)
1st - Ross Creber
2nd - Craig Hardie
3rd - Steve Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment