Monday, August 10, 2009

Up to speed
Another double weekend of Games past and the legs came back a bit after feeling like lead last week, I knew after my training in the week that the form was still there from a couple of weeks ago but maybe just tailing off a bit.
Inverkeithing Highland Games is run not on Grass but a red cinder track which makes cornering interesting as the bikes do move about underneath you a bit, the key is to let the bike move and not to be be to rigid, easier said than done once there are 7/8 bikes around you it makes for a few buttock clenching moments!

The one race I wanted to win at Inverkeithing was the 6400m Scottish Champs and I was feeling strong but Evan Oliphant got it on the line although I think I pushed him all the way. The other events were good for me but I was a bit frustrated in not coming away without a win on the day.

800m OPEN CYCLING MK TIME
1st Tom Hunter, Falkirk 125m 1m 03.94s
2nd Craig Hardie, Dalgety Bay 40m
3rd Brendan Roe, Valleyfield 60m

1600m OPEN CYCLING MK TIME
1st Darren Howitt, Glenrothes 140m 2m 17.30s
2nd Craig Hardie, Dalgety Bay 60m
3rd Brendan Roe, Valleyfield 85m

3200m OPEN CYCLING MK TIME
1st Darren Howitt, Glenrothes 300m 4m 57.88s
2nd Tom Hunter, Falkirk X
3rd Craig Hardie, Dalgety Bay 100m

6400m OPEN SC CHAMPIONSHIP CYCLING MK TIME
1st Evan Oliphant,Wick SCR 10m 16.81s
2nd Craig Hardie, Dalgety Bay SCR
3rd Alan Clark, Thurso SCR

DEIL CYCLING
1st Neil Withington, Carlisle
2nd Craig Hardie, Dalgety Bay
3rd Alan Clark, Thurso

No comments:

Post a Comment