Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hat Trick!!
Auchentoshan SCX Rd6 21/11/10
Another round of the Scottish Cyclocross series today and what a cracker it was :)
Going into this round I had the plan of getting a solid result to keep my lead in the series going but if the chance of a win presented itself then I would go for it!

Off the start I missed my pedal and had to make my way through to the sharp end in the first few corners which was a bit off for me, once up to third I could see Davie Lines of Endura Racing ripping away so made sure I kept him in sight. Andy Wardman of VC Moulin had tagged on to the back of Davie so I just bided my time watching and waiting, after a few laps Andy got dropped from Davie and I then moved up to Davie.
For the next few laps I tagged onto the back wheel of Davie watching James Fraser Moodie of Pedal Power RT making in roads in to the lead of the two of us, after James had collected Andy the two had made a good effort to get up to the front so at this point I attacked Davie to move on and get a gap, Davie unfortunately had an off bending his mech and had to have a bike change :(

At this point of the race I pushed on and consolidated my position knowing that James Fraser would be hunting me down in the second half of the hour. The gap held about 20 seconds for most of the last half of the race so I could get my third win in a row of the series :)
A cracking bonus was the trophy for getting the fastest lap on the day! this trophy was put up by Glasgow United CC celebrating 25 years of running the Auchentoshan Cyclocross, has it really been 25 years? Wow! Here's to the next 25 :)
1st Craig Hardie Hardie-Bikes.com
2nd James Fraser Moodie Pedal Power RT
3rd Andy Wardman VC Moulin 

Thanks to all the Glasgow United CC crew for putting on a brilliant race, thanks also to theSprocketman.com for the fantastic Trophies :)

A wee vid from "The Bank" via M. Martin  http://twitvid.com/A9J4E
Another wee vid via Michael Martin http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af88/Aquamick/a6b0e385.mp4

Photos from Neilwheel

Auchentoshan report: @ www.scottishcyclocross.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment