Thursday, November 19, 2009

After the first CycloCross race I flew out for a week Family/Mini Training Camp which would hopefully set me up for the next few months, below is the next chapter going forward:
Lanzarote - 15/10/09 till 22/10/09
Off to sunny climes at this time of year is a bit weird as March / April is always the usual time I go, but some dry warm miles is just the ticket for getting some form for the rest of the Cross season as it runs all winter. The week I went out was spent doing shorter harder sesh's with a few 3 1/2 hours flung in to. I am a bit fatigued from the week but this should set me up for the rest of the year.
On to Mugdock park this weekend for round 3 of the SCX series and I am sure it will be slightly cooler than the 28 degrees that I have been used to this past week!
Photo from Keijo Teras
Mugdock - 25/10/09
First race back from the holiday was always going to be a shock to the system and I was expecting it to be a suck it and see how the form was. After getting back from Lanzarote I was still in holiday mode till the race because arriving at the race site I realized that I had left my kit bag at home DOH!
I had driven to the race with my warm up kit so at least I had clothes to race in, I then had to find someone to lend me a helmet and gloves. Once I blagged the pieces I needed then the racing was on!

The course at Mugdock is high on Tech so some may say it suits someone like me but I was in doubt as to my form, I might not have worried as I ripped round and bagged the win!! Spot on for my first race back and a bit of a suprise really but great.
One thing that wasn't so pleaseant was driving home in my soggy kit as I had no change of clothes after forgetting my kit bag!!
Full Report from ScottishCycloCross.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment