Monday, November 15, 2010

Bingo Bango!!!
Win number 2 of the Scottish Cyclocross Series for me at Lochore on Sun past :)
Going into this race I was pretty confident which is a great way to be, on the morning of the race I had headed down to North Queensferry under the iconic Forth Rail bridge for a photo shoot to do with the 99...100 event which will be at Silverburn Park Leven.
Great to have Cycling sport promoted in events like this but even better as I compete in non mainstream Cycling disiplines like Cyclocross and GrassTrack :)
It also gave me a chance to practice for part of the race at the end (more on that later)

The race conditions were going to be very muddy going by the weather we had been having leading up to Sunday, I was getting more confident as the rain started to fall leaving North Queensferry for race HQ. Today was the day to crack out the spare bike and have a change on a few laps with some helpers getting the worst of the mud off in between, thanks to Hardie Snr, Sean, Graeme, and I think Franco even helped at times, you did a great job :)

The start went well with myself Dan and Davie getting a small gap on the field and then disaster for Wavie Davie when he took his mech clean off on a post meaning he had to run a lap to get a spare bike!
Once Dan and myself started racing each other trying to get a gap on a few bits of the course but either of us getting away, both of us were watching each other for a few laps and I had an idea on a couple of places to try and go. One of these was on a very boggy slightly uphill section you really had to attack to get through at speed, this is where I got a gap and then pushed on to increase the lead over Dan to about 35secs which stayed till the end where I came over the finish holding my bike which funny enough I had been doing for the photo shoot in the morning :)

Pic via Dougie Shearer
On to Auchentoshen this weekend for one of my favorite courses on the circuit, cant wait!

Result:
1st. Craig Hardie Hardie-Bikes.com
2nd. Dan Whitehead
3rd. Neil Walker Walkers Cycling Club
A mention to 4th Davie Lines of Endura Racing, great ride after breaking his mech off!

Full results and info @ http://www.scottishcyclocross.org.uk/



Photos from Stevie Turbitt

No comments:

Post a Comment